The Early Care and Education Collaborative advocates to identify, prioritize and develop strategies to address the quality, affordability and availability of early care and education.
The Collaborative unites child advocates including childcare providers, early childhood educators, employers, community organizations/agencies, families, policy makers funders and others. These advocates identify priorities and develop strategies that address early care and education needs in our community.
The Early Care and Education Collaborative is currently focused on the following goals:
- Oversee and coordinate Passport to Readiness app
- Support and raise awareness about the need of local sustainable funding for quality programs
- Conduct events to promote and increase awareness of early childhood activities and initiatives
- Promote community awareness for resources that impact our mission
- Support the development and implementation of the Early Learning Leadership Academy
- Provide support for Steps to Excellence which is funded by the Darr Family Foundation
Nancee Dahms-Stinson and Christy Davis serve as Co-Chairs and Jennifer Crouch serves as the Vice-Chair. The Early Care and Education Collaborative meets the third Tuesday of every month at 1:30 p.m. at Community Partnership of the Ozarks, 330 N. Jefferson Ave., Springfield, Mo.
Have questions or interested in joining?
Contact Justin Lockhart, Director of the Community Collaboratives, at email@example.com or call 417-888-2020.