The Environmental Collaborative serves as a vehicle to bring together leadership of all various environmental and conservation groups, to avoid overlaps in efforts, and identify gaps in services, as well as provide communication to keep all parties informed.
The Environmental Collaborative is currently focused on the following projects:
- Supporting Ozarks Clean Air Alliance (OCAA), a subcommittee of the Collaborative.
- Click here to visit the OCAA website
- Providing input related to community/regional environmental issues
- Supporting and serving as a resource related to the Integrated Plan for the Environment, an innovative project of the City of Springfield, Greene County, and City Utilities of Springfield.
- Reviewing and providing input as requested related to other local issues as brought to the Collaborative.
- Remaining aware of local issues that merit attention from the Collaborative, including bringing these issues to Integrated Plan for the Environment or other appropriate organizations/bodies.
- Reviewing progress and areas needing progress relative to the Green Building Task Force Report; Field Guide 2030; Vision 20/20 and the Community Focus Report, selecting items that the collaborative could embrace as viable projects.
Barbara Lucks serves as the Chair and Ronda Burnett serves as the Vice-Chair. The Environmental Collaborative meets the third Friday of every month at 9:00 a.m. at the Environmental Resource Center, 290 E. Central St., Springfield, Mo.
Have questions or interested in joining?
Contact Justin Lockhart, Director of the Community Collaboratives, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-888-2020.