Mission of the Housing Collaborative
To advance knowledge on issues related to affordable housing by creating forum for community-wide problem solving that targets all populations at every stage of assistance, ensuring safe, decent, affordable housing for elderly to youth and homeless to home owner.
The Housing Collaborative was created to bring together stakeholders in the community to bring a community wide focus to safe, decent, and affordable housing. There are about 90 members of the Housing Collaborative who work together toward the following goals:
- Promote Planning & Zoning policy changes to support appropriate and flexible housing patterns
- Support efforts (and educate the public about issues) to reduce hoarding & extreme squalor, to help ensure the safety of occupants, citizens and first responders
- Monitor advocate and provide assistance for the implementation of the new rental registration program
- Provide collaborative support for neighborhood efforts to improve the quality of housing across our communities
- Support community and agency efforts to secure federal and state affordable housing development program funding
- Educate the public about issues of housing relative to each stage of life
Larry Peterson serves as the Chair and Maura Taylor serves as the Vice-Chair of the Housing Collaborative. The Housing Collaborative meets the first Thursday of every month at noon at Community Partnership of the Ozarks, 330 N. Jefferson Ave., Springfield, Mo.
Have questions or interested in joining?
Contact Justin Lockhart, Director of the Community Collaboratives, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-888-2020.