The Transportation Collaborative facilitates connections between people, jobs, and community, through multiple modes of transportation, throughout the greater Springfield area.
The Transportation Collaborative was created from the Transportation Task Force to prioritize transportation issues as a means to lower poverty and build a stronger community. The group brings together stakeholders in the community to work together on the following goals:
- Facilitate progress on Transportation Task Force recommendations
- Identify opportunities for cross-collaboration with other Collaboratives
- Develop and implement a local Transportation Reimbursement & Information Program (TRIP)
- Encourage the expansion of the MSU Bearline to the Transit Center
- Reinforcing the Transit Center as a hub
- Support and assist with the Bike Sharing Program
- Promote ozarkscommute.org and letsgosmart.org
- Engage with Transportation Network Companies
- Promote connectivity and accessibility by way of walking and bicycling
Irwin Cohen serves as the Chair and Brendan Griesemer serves as the Vice-Chair. The Transportation Collaborative meets the second Tuesday of every month at 10:00 a.m. at Community Partnership of the Ozarks, 330 N. Jefferson Ave., Springfield, Mo.
Have questions or interested in joining?
Contact Justin Lockhart, Director of the Community Collaboratives, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-888-2020.