The Let’s Go Smart: Transportation Collaborative facilitates connections between people, jobs, and community, through multiple modes of transportation, throughout the greater Springfield area.
The Let’s Go Smart: Transportation Collaborative was created when two groups merged. The Transportation Collaborative was created from the Transportation Task Force to prioritize transportation issues as a means to lower poverty and build a stronger community. This Collaborative merged with Let’s Go Smart, a subcommittee of Ozark Greenways. The group brings together stakeholders in the community to work together on the following goals:
- Facilitate progress on Transportation Task Force recommendations
- Develop and implement a local Transportation Reimbursement & Information Program (TRIP)
- Promoting use of public transit and reinforcing the Transit Center as a hub
- Support and assist with the Bike Sharing Program
- Promote ozarkscommute.org and letsgosmart.org
- Promote connectivity and accessibility by way of walking and bicycling
Irwin Cohen and Diana Sheridan serve a Co-Chairs. The Let’s Go Smart: Transportation Collaborative meets the third Tuesday of every month at 4:00 pm at the City Utilities Transit Center located at 211 N. Main.
Have questions or interested in joining?
Contact Justin Lockhart, Director of the Community Collaboratives, at email@example.com or call 417-888-2020.