Current Full-Time Opportunities
We currently do not have any full-time positions available. Please check back regularly for updates. Thank you!
Current Part-Time Opportunities
The Loop Shuttle Driver
Job Summary: The Loop Shuttle Driver provides transportation assistance for Springfield’s crisis cold weather shelters when temperatures drop to 32 degrees. Shuttle drivers will be called on an as needed basis to provide transportation services to the shelter in the evening, then provide transportation in the morning for guests returning to the local drop in shelter. The 2018 Crisis Cold Weather Shelter for men is located at East Sunshine Church of Christ.
Reporting and Evaluation Structure: The Loop Shuttle Driver will report to the Vice President of Housing and Homeless Prevention.
- License or Certification – Shuttle Drivers must have a valid MO driver’s license (Class E);
- High School Diploma or equivalency preferred;
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate;
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds;
- Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements;
- Experience working with those who are homeless or at high risk for homelessness is preferred;
- Maintains confidentiality of guests;
- Adheres to the company’s Standards of Business Conduct;
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable;
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively;
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner. – Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Outdoor exposure. – Shuttle drivers will be transporting guests to crisis cold weather shelters during extreme cold and inclement weather.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet community need. – May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. – Will be required to work as necessary during crisis cold weather shelter season November through March.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Position Clarification: The Loop Shuttle Driver position is a grant funded position. Shuttle drivers will be called on an as needed basis up to 29.5 hours per week. The drivers will provide transportation services to the shelter in the evening, then provide transportation in the morning for guests returning to the local drop in shelter. This is a grant funded position and is based upon funding availability.
Submit cover letter and resume online. No phone calls, please! Community Partnership of the Ozarks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary: This is an as-needed position that supports families participating in Community Partnership of the Ozarks’ programming by providing childcare in conjunction with select community presentations, events, and/or training. This position promotes high quality early care and education by caring for children in a childcare setting while parents/guardians are on-site.
Reporting Structure: The Childcare Worker will report to the Director of Caring Communities.
Evaluation: The Director of Caring Communities, following adopted policies of Community Partnership of the Ozarks and United Way of the Ozarks, evaluates the Childcare worker.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a background screening of the Family Care Safety Registry
- Ability to travel to various worksites throughout city of Springfield
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, mostly evening and weekends
- Possess positive interpersonal skills, be organized, enthusiastic, self-disciplined, and reliable
- Possess a desire to work with young children and families
- Experience working with a wide range of children in a childcare or other supervised setting
Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate a pleasant and professional manner in dealing with children, families, community members, and staff
- Must demonstrate high level judgment in critical situations while caring for multiple children
- Ability to manage multiple children with appropriate, positive non-punitive discipline techniques
- Able to communicate effectively – both in written and verbal forms
- Responsible for maintaining necessary enrollment, attendance, and activity reports regarding participating children and families
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any and all participating children and families
- Providing a positive and engaging childcare experience for all children in childcare
- Other duties as assigned
Position Clarification: The position of Childcare Worker is a grant-funded position and is based upon funding availability. This is as-needed position and hours are not guaranteed. Submit cover letter and resume onlin. No phone calls, please! Community Partnership of the Ozarks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Communications Assistant Internship (Unpaid/Volunteer Position)
Deadline to Apply: Ongoing
Social Work Internship (Unpaid/Volunteer Position)
Deadline to Apply: Ongoing